A while back, a good friend of the family gave us a small case of peaches. “What in the world am I going to do with all those peaches?” I thought to myself. I already had 2 big cans in my pantry just sitting there; surely I didn’t think I needed any more. Of course I said, “thank-you,” and it wasn’t until about a week later that I came across this recipe for Peachy Keen Bars. Now I’m hooked on canned peaches, and this dessert. It’s quick and very easy to make.
I can’t wait to make it for our friend the next time he’s in town.
Peachy Keen Bars
1 package dry cake mix – white, yellow, or french vanilla
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, divided
29 oz. can light peach slices, drained
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13″ pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cup crumbs for topping.
3. Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes.
4. Cut peach slices into 1″ pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
5. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy. Spread over top of peaches.
6. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
7. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Serves 12. Store leftovers in refrigerator.